WeltPixel extensions are built based on Magento architecture. If you are using 3rd party extensions, themes or custom development that alters Magento default behaviour, sometimes you may experience functionality issues as the base files that allows our extensions to work are modified.
We have a few suggestions that may help:
- check rewrites using WeltPixel debugger Admin > WeltPixel > Debugger > Rewrites. The same classes may be rewritten by multiple extensions, breaking functionality.
- check errors in console log, they may point you to the root cause of the issue.
- disable extensions that addresses the same code area as the extension with problems, and check functionality. Activate 3rd party extension one by one in order to identify the ones conflicting.
Here are some things that you should check in case your Magento 2 extensions are not working correctly:
Other common issues when using Magento 2 Extensions:
- Make sure you are using the latest release of our Magento 2 extension. Go to Admin > WeltPixel > Debugger > Extensions Version and check if you are using the latest version. It can be downloaded from your weltpixel.com account My Account > Downloadable Products section.
- Make sure you followed all steps in the installation guide
- Check extension compatibility with the Magento version you are using.
- After installation, make sure to clear static cache before using the extension: go to : System -> Cache management -> Flush Static Files Cache
- When changing settings in M2 themes or extensions make sure you clear Magento static content cache. Magento 2 is using LESS and each time you save the settings the CSS files need to be regenerated, if you don’t clear static content cache you will be using the old CSS files and the settings will not apply.
- Logout and login again in admin, this will solve admin session related problems
- Make sure you verify extension functionality on a clean Magento as the extension may conflict with other themes or extensions you are using at the moment.
Magento known issues:
- Make sure the issue is not Magento related as Magento still has known issues, you can check Magento Open Issues on Github.
- Make sure you copied the extensions in the right place, WeltPixel extensions go under ‘app/code/WeltPixel/extension_name’
- Make sure you have the correct system requirements for running Magento 2, please check Magento 2 requirements and make sure your server meets all of them.
Refer to this article for more details on Choosing the right Magento 2 hosting partner.