If you're using the PRO version of our Google Analytics extension, starting with version 1.12.5, you have access to an insanely easy-to-setup integration with Meta Pixel (formerly Facebook Pixel), which you can set up via the Magento Admin by simply pasting in your Meta Pixel Tracking Code and selecting which events you'd like to track!
The purpose of this guide is to help you find out exactly how you can confirm your integration is working and sending data to your Facebook Events Manager, so let's see how that's done.
Enabling the Meta Pixel (Facebook Pixel) Integration
- Log in to your Magento Admin dashboard and head over to WeltPixel -> Google Analytics 4 eCommerce PRO GTM Settings.
- Scroll down to Meta Pixel Tracking Configuration and expand the tab.
- Set the Enable Meta Pixel Tracking option to Yes.
- Select the events you want to track using the Track Events selector and save the configuration.
- Flush the Magento Cache.
Testing to ensure the enabled Meta Pixel (Facebook Pixel) events are registered in the Facebook Events Manager
- Head over to your Facebook Events Manager, which is part of your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Select the Data Source connected to your website.
- You'll be brought to the Data Source's dashboard, where you'll be able to see any activity connected to the Data Source. If this is your first time setting up Meta Pixel Tracking, this dashboard will be empty.
- It usually takes some time between triggering the events and the data making it into Event Manager, but fortunately, there's a Test events functionality we can use to visualize the events and associated data sooner. Switch the tab over to Test events.
- Input your website's URL in the Test Browser Events section and click Open Website. This will bring up your website in a new browser tab.
- You should already see the first Page View event being displayed in the Test Your Events section. Depending on which events you've enabled via the extension settings, you'll see them populated here as you browse your store.
- Once you've confirmed your events are making it into Event Manager, you're good to go! Your main dashboard will start being populated with data, however, this can take up to 48 hours to happen.
That was insanely easy, wasn't it? Find out more about the Google Analytics 4 PRO extension and its insane tracking capabilities via both Client-Side and Server-Side tracking methods by visiting the module's dedicated Product Page.