You can add to each template notations paths that are used on the page using the Template Path Hints diagnostic tool.
1. First step is to add your IP address to the Developer Restrictions allow list so you don't disrupt the shopping experience of your customers in the store.
You can search online for your IP address if you don't know it.
To add the IP address to the allow list follow these steps:
Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Developer -> Developer Client Restrictions
Note: If you have multiple IP addresses, you can separate them with a comma.
After you add the IP addresses click Save Config. and Flush Magento Cache from the Cache Management.
2. You can edit the Template Path Hints only in Developer mode:
- Check if you are in developer mode from the command line:
php bin/magento deploy:mode:show
- If it is in production, change to developer mode with the command:
php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer
3. Next step Enable Template Path Hints:
Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Developer -> Debug:
a. Enabled Template Path Hints for Storefront To enable it, set it to Yes(this will also open the next option).
b. Enable Hints for Storefront with URL Parameter Set to Yes to enable template path hints for the store only if the URL contains the template hints parameter
c. Parameter Value Set the parameter if needed, the default system value is Magento, however, you can use your custom parameter value. If you change the value name, you need to use:
mymagento.com?templatehints=***** (***** is the value name you added to parameter value)
d. Enabled Template Path Hints for Admin Set it to Yes to activate them.
e. Add Block Names to Hints Set it to Yes to add the name of the blocks.
Click Save Config. and Flush Magento Cache from the Cache Management.