A. Choosing the right Magento 2 Hosting.
1. Choose an optimised Magento 2 hosting
Choosing the best web hosting for your needs is one of the key components to having a successful online business, especially when your business is running on Magento 2. Below article may help to make the best decision when choosing your hosting partner.
B. Magento 2 Installation.
2. Install Magento 2 (optional)
Usually, hosting providers already offer you pre-installed Magento 2 environment or can help on demand. If not, below article can guide you to install Magneto 2 via SSH.
C. Pearl Theme Installation.
3. Install Pearl Theme for Magento 2
D. Magento Catalog Configuration.
4. Add / import products and categories to your Magento 2 store
Add products and categories to your Magento catalog. Magento documentation describes this in details, for each product type in documentation below.
NOTE: Add a few products and categories before continuing with design implementation so you can have a good view of your category and product page layout implementation, and to be able to observe changes in real time as you configure the theme options from Magento admin.
E. Design Configuration using Pearl Theme.
5. Set the page width for different sections of your store.
You can use a different page width for your store. For example, homepage can use a full width configuration while category, product page and default pages can used a max-width of 1400px. Depending on your design requirements you can configure this by following below article.
6. Header setup. Choose header version. Upload logo.
a. Select header style ( V1 / V2 / V3 / V4 ) Demo here: pearl.weltpixel.com
You are able to select between 4 types of headers, and customize the look and feel of the header by using a multitude of design options directly from magetno admin:
- Top / Middle Header Background Color
- Top / Middle Header Link Color
- Sticky Header with separate settings for desktop and mobile
- Header icons settings
- and other..
b. Upload your logo and make the store use your own branding
c. Setup a Global promo message if needed or a message that your store is only a demo for the moment.
7. Search design (header) and Ajax Search results
Pearl Theme provides out of the box flexible design for both header and ajax search results:
a. Header Search Design
- Header Search Version 1 ( default magento search)
- Header Search Version 2
b. Ajax Search Results Design
- Ajax Search results Version 1
- Ajax Search results Version 2 - White - Horizontal results
- Ajax Search results Version 2 - Black - Vertical results
More details about setting up search design and ajas search results at the link below.
8. Mega Menu configuration
Demo here: pearl.weltpixel.com
WeltPixel Mega Menu extension is included in Theme Pack. This functionality helps merchants create a better look and professional Magento 2 navigation menu easily without technical skills. Categories can be presented in multiple formats in order to fit each category structure and provide a better navigation experience for the end user.
a. MegaMenu setup - default, sectioned, boxed, full-width
b. Setup mobile menu breakpoint using Mega Menu admin settings.
9. Setup Footer version / logo / links
a. Select footer version ( V1 / V2 / V3 / V4)
b. Setup Pre-footer
Demo here: pearl.weltpixel.com
10. Build your homepage layout using Pearl Theme elements
- Setup / change homepage. All page demos here: pearl.weltpixel.com
- Homepage customization, change content, text, images
- Setup sliders and OWL Carousels (optional)
- Integrate with Instagram (optional)
Showcase Instagram pictures anywhere in your store.
- Combine sections from different homepages (optional)
- Insert additional theme features to homepage or any other page (optional)
11. Setup category page layout
- Image hover details setup (select elements to show up when hovering the product)
- Category Page grid setup ( set 2/3/4/5 products per row)
- Toolbar and pagination setup
- Show/hide elements on category item ( both hover and non-hover)
- Quick View functionality on Category Page (Design V1 / V2)
12. Setup Product Page layout
Demo here: pearl.weltpixel.com
- Product page Gallery and Info layout (v1,2,3,4, custom)
- Product page tabs and accordion setup
- Product Page carousels setup by following OWL Carousel User Guide
13. Store identity / Other store settings
- Setup Button colors and store colors
- Setup Store fonts
- Setup store links
- Ratings Color
- Setup breadcrumbs
- Back to top button
14. Contact Page configuration. Edit contact information.
Pearl Theme provides 2 contact page designs out of the box:
- Contact Page V1 ( default magneto)
- Contact Page V2 ( Weltpixel contact page)
15. Custom Thank you page configuration
Custom Thank You Page Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Pack.
WeltPixel Custom Thank You Page for Magento 2 allows merchants to take full control of their Thank You Page and add new elements like Newsletter subscribe and custom blocks with relevant information for customers. The new modern responsive design as well as enhanced control over each page element offers great utility and a new way to connect with and inform your final customers.
You can easily configure this functionality by following the guide from the extension page below.
16. Setup Store emails
a. Using WeltPixel Enhanced Email Extension (Professional Pack only)
Enhanced Emails for Magento 2 is already part of the Pearl Theme Pack, you only need to configure it. This extension provides a Powerful Magento Email Template Editor with Gmail markup support. Fully responsive emails, rich design options to fully customize your transactional emails with a few clicks.
b. Using Default Magento emails
F. Store Performance and SEO.
17. Setup an advanced sitemap for your Magento 2 store
Google XML Sitemap is already part of Pearl Theme pack, you only need to configure it. By using the included extension you can dynamically generate XML sitemaps, help search engines faster crawl and index your store.
Google has specific rules for sitemap generation. It is useful to have your XML sitemaps built automatically with a help of Google XML Sitemap for Magento 2 extension in order to meet all search engines requirements. Faster indexing of new pages shortens the time your new products to appear in Google.
This extension helps you gain a granularly control over your Magento 2 sitemap by allowing you to control visibility in sitemap for each Product , Category and CMS page. Also it allows you to add into the sitemap custom URLs that are not included with default magento sitemap with full control over attributes like store-view, priority, change frequency and update date.
By using this extension you can dynamically exclude from sitemap Products, Categories and Pages that you do not want to be indexed by search engines but are still required in your store.
18. Setup Rich Snippets to improve your SEO score and visibility in search engines
Rich Snippets Extension is already part of the Pearl Theme Pack, you only need to configure it.
With the help of this extension you will boost online store SEO, improve usability and attract more customers by adding Rich Snippets for Google Search, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter Cards and Pinterest Rich Pins.
19. Use an Ajax Layered Navigation with Multi-Select to improve customer experience
Layered Navigation Extension is already part of the Pearl Theme Pack, you only need to configure it.
Layered Navigation is a tool for narrowing down the displayed product list within a category by specifying one or more product attributes (e.g., narrowing the 750 products in the “Clothing” category by size, color, material, cut, etc). Multiple filters can be combined by the user to meet some very specific needs (e.g., “color: black,” “price: $19.99 - $49.99,” “waist size: 32,” and “length size: 34”). Customers that use the filters are usually converting at a much higher rate as they are able to find exactly what they are looking for in a matter of seconds.
You can configure the extension by following below guide:
20. Use Ajax Infinite Scroll or Ajax pagination to improve user navigation
Ajax Catalog Extension is already part of the Pearl Theme Pack, you only need to configure it. With the use of this extension you will help your customers to explore more content and reduce website friction with ajax infinite scroll and ajax pagination.
21. Use a Lazy Loading functionality to improve the image loading in your store.
Lazy Loading Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Pack, and can be easily configured to work with your store and improve the user experience and store speed.
Lazy Loading Enhanced for Magento 2 highly improves the page loading time by only loading page and product images as the user scrolls down the page. Fully integrated with default Magento 2 functionality, lazy loading is applied to listing pages, search pages, product pages, including related, up sell and cross sell products.
Below link provides you the necessary details to configure the extension.
G. Enhanced Analytics. Google Tag Manager.
22. Google Tag Manager Setup
Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce for Magento 2 is part of the theme package already and allows you to get full Enhanced Ecommerce tracking implemented within minutes so you can start gathering valuable data and take data driven decisions.
By following below documentation you will be able to set up this extension and your Google Tag Manager account for advanced tracking.
H. Store setup configuration.
25. Setup locale/languages - translate article
26. Setup store information
27. Setup currency
28. Setup email addresses
30. Setup shipping origin
31. Setup shipping methods / rates
32. Setup payment methods
33. Setup your favicon
34. Setup a Welcome message
35. Setup Copyright Notice
I. Speed Optimizations.
36. Disable unused extensions and Design Elements that come with Pearl Theme.
37. Improve Magneto 2 speed by following below guide.
J. Extra features.
38. Multi-Store Multi-Brand functionality
Multi-storeMulti-Brand Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Pack. It allows you to show different Brands or Languages in the header of your store, while offering the possibility to navigate between these store-views.
This flexible solution enables the merchant to display the store-view Brands or Languages in the header of each store, offering the end user an omnichannel experience while purchasing on the website. The end user will be able to purchase from any store-view and checkout with the same account.
In case you need this functionality in your project, you can easily configure this extension by following the guide from product page.
- How to setup websites, stores, store views in Magento 2:
- Setup child themes for each store-view when using Pearl Theme with Multi-store configuration.
39. Smart Product Tabs - add new tabs in product page based on product attributes
Smart Product Tabs Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Pack. In case you need this functionality you only need to configure it by following the guide from product page.
Deliver excellent browsing experience for your customers by dynamically showing custom blocks (new tabs on product page) based on product attribute options.
This extension for Magento 2 gives you custom control over your product page tabs and their dynamic content. You can configure product tabs to display custom content based on product attribute value using specific static blocks, without the need to touch any code.
Default Magento doesn't give you proper control over your product tabs and corresponding content, making product page content customisation extremely limited. Smart Product Tabs allows you to show new tabs, based on the value of dropdown attributes. You can create Smart Tabs directly from Magento admin and when visibility conditions are met, the tabs containing the specific block will be displayed in frontend as a new tab on product page.
This will help to dynamically show specific product information only for certain products, based on material, size-chart, country of manufacture, man/woman, price, promotion, product features etc... Applicability of this functionality is wide, can be adapted to any business model in order to increase store usability.
40. Integrate your Magento 2 store with your Instagram account
Showcase Instagram pictures anywhere in your store.
Instagram Widget Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Pack. In case you need this functionality you only need to configure it by following the guide from product page.
41. CMS Block Scheduler (Professional Pack)
Automate content in your Magento 2 store.
CMS Block Scheduler is already part of Pearl Theme Professional Pack. In case you need this functionality you only need to configure it by following the guide from product page.
This extension for Magento 2 is a powerful solution to manage, display and target the content displayed to customers with only a couple of clicks. By using this extension you will enhance and extend default functionality of Magento CMS blocks and you will be able to schedule and target ahead of time visibility of blocks, banners, promotions and events, or any content visibility you need automated.
42. Full Page Scroll - create great presentation pages in your Magento 2 store
Full Page Scroll Extension is already part of Pearl Theme Professional Pack. In case you need this functionality you only need to configure it by following the guide from product page.
Full Page Scroll functionality is a simple and easy to use extension that allows users to create full page scrolling on CMS pages. Extension also allows adding landscape sliders inside the sections by defining one CMS block for each section. This functionality is a useful tool for creating great presentation pages.
43. Quick Cart - reduce checkout steps to a minimum and increase conversion
Enhanced Quick Cart Extension is already included in Pearl Theme Pack. In case you need this functionality you only need to configure it by following the guide from product page.
This extensions takes the mini cart to a whole new level. The modern responsive design combined with conversion oriented features offers the customer the ultimate shopping experience by allowing cart summary review in one glance without leaving the shopping page.
The checkout steps are reduced to minimum and conversion rate is improved as the user goes directly to checkout without the need to visit the cart page.
K. You may also consider below.
44. How to debug potential conflicts with 3rd party extensions
45. How to check product version
46. How to upgrade Pearl Theme to latest version
47. How to upgrade Magento to a newer version and install latest security patches
48. Theme Customizations
In case you need to customize Pearl Theme or Magento to match your project requirements, under below link we will provide a few examples on how you can extend functionality and make adjustments for .css / .xml / .phtml / .js files in Magento 2.
49. How to insert a CMS block in different sections of your store using magento widget
50. Store Maintenance and Custom Development
WeltPixel in collaboration industry leading Magento Technology Partners take care of a 360 view of every merchant. We take care of the design, development, hosting, email integration, payment processing, fraud detection, paid marketing feed management, analysis. And at the core of this solution is Magento Commerce and Open Source Edition.